Sunday, February 13, 2011

An Important Distinction

Out of the Mouths of Babes:
A Mini Post For Valentine's Day
My soon to be three-year old is in THAT stage: Tantrum and Tears after Tantrum and Tears.  Everything sets her off. "The baby threw her wipes in the trash."  "I want to watch Word Girl but Martha Speaks came on."  "I don't like meatloaf.. (but we are having chicken nuggets) I KNOW! But I DON'T LIKE MEATLOAF!"

So, when she decides to flip her switch the other way and be sweet, it is a welcome relief.  And, this girl is very sweet.  She is very smart, too. Much smarter than she even realizes.  
Today, I picked her up and she said, "I love you Mommy. I love you AND I like you."
You know what? That is an important distinction to make.  I know she loves me. We are family. We all love each other in this house. BUT, she also LIKES me.  That is almost more touching to me.  Crazy little heart  melter!

*Maybe she does know how smart she is. After all, during a tantrum, she will yell "I hate YOU (pause pause pause) telling me NO!"  Because she knows there is major heck to pay if she tells any of us she hates us.... 

Ah, I love that passionate girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment