Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fool Me Once...You're Never Gonna Fool Me Again.. Well...

Cinnamon Heart Gummies Are for the Husband
NOT for the Forgetful Baby

I bought cinnamon heart gummies for Valentine's Day for my husband.  These are gourmet ones from Harry and David and have a nice little hot kick to them.  

This morning I am sitting at the counter, working on my blogs, and the baby is in my lap.  She is causing all kinds of mayhem... typing on the computer, trying to grab my coffee, tearing bills up, etc.  I keep saying no and handing her something else.  All of a sudden, she spots the cinnamon gummies. They are heart shaped and red. So, of course, she thinks they are for her. I sigh and say to myself, "well... why not.." and I let her grab one.  

The reaction is quite priceless.  The first chew or two is pleasantly sweet. Then, the heat kicks in. She frowns, hacks, and spits it out. Sticky red goo everywhere. Then, she gulps some water.  I figure a lesson in not meddling is learned for now. 

Wrong. She settles back in my lap and exclaims "ah back! ah it back!" (Give it back) and reaches her greedy hand back towards the heart gummies. I remind her that is not a path she wants to go down. So, she starts growling at me.

So, I hand her another gummie. She fusses and hacks and hates them again... 

You get the idea. She has been trying to repeat the pattern all morning. I stopped giving them to her. And she will fuss. Then, I scold her. Then, she gets repentant and kisses me (are-we   "sorry").  Then, she sees the gummies again. And it all starts all over.  

What is that saying? "Fool me once.. shame on you... fool me twice, you're never gonna fool me again??"  See how well that version worked out for George W.. I think the baby is likewise confused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment