Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another Day in Paradise

Or, I Thought Having to Bathe the Kids 3 Times On Monday Meant the Next Two Days had to be Easy Peasy.. Right? Wrong.
This Post is to be split into little tidbit sections.. You know, for maximum absorption and enjoyment. You're Welcome.
  1. Dear Baby,   There is NO TREASURE IN THE TRASH. I am sorry. There isn't. Also, the trash can is not as magical or mystical as you may believe. Things you want to replace, hide, or get rid of don't magically get taken care of when you plop them into the garbage. It is not the best place to keep the tv remote. It is not the place to hide your brand new pack of expensive baby wipes because you don't want to have your nasty butt changed. (She gets rashes when I use off brand).  It is not the place to put your sippy cup when it is empty and you are wanting a refill. And, I do not actually appreciate your help when you take your clean diaper off and throw it away. Don't say "Yay" and clap. While you are at it, please quit putting your hands down the backside of your diaper. Given your proclivity towards certain body functions, I dread finding a special kind of finger paint on my walls one day.  
  2. Dear Almost 3 Year Old, Thanks so very much for not vomitting on me today. It was lovely how you managed to hold off long enough for Daddy to run in and get you a throw up bowl while I sat next to you with a cardboard Happy Meal box (full of chicken nuggets, fries, and apples I was trying to tempt her to eat) in front of your face. I figured it was better for you to puke on the dinner you weren't going to eat anyway than to get it all over my shirt as you usually manage to do during one of these spells... Anyway, thanks again! 
  3. Dear 5 Year Old, It was so sweet of you to tell your sick sister you would be her servant all day today. Whatever she wanted, you would fetch for her. Then, when she said she really wanted her Tramp stuffed dog, it was really swell of you to offer her Minnie Mouse as a substitute.. you know.. because you didn't feel like looking for her Tramp dog. The thought was there though, and I know your sister appreciated it.
 So, I guess out of the many lessons learned today, my big one was that just because you give your kids 3 baths one day, does not mean you get any "get out of bathing the kids for 3 days" cards. And, yes, there was tons of laundry to be done today as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment