Thursday, April 14, 2011

My New Ringtone

How to Get Peace When on The Phone:
I Think a New Ringtone is Needed
Just a short and sweet one today, folks. And, you can proceed and read without caution. This post is clean.


I had a great A HA! moment today. The kids were playing. They were watching tv. They were going to swing in the backyard. They had no time for me whatsoever.
Then the phone rang. It was my mom.. so I answered.

ALL OF A SUDDEN, I had three kids surrounding me, hounding me, bugging me, driving me crazy.  Just that fast. 
They can sense it. They KNOW when I am on the phone.  I started griping about it. Out of a general gripe came a stroke of genius:

"I can't believe this guys. I am on the phone and you are being rude. Leave Mommy alone. If I had called you to clean your play room or do chores, you would scatter.  Leave Mommy... hey.. now that's an idea..."
So, my new ringtone is going to be me calling to them in my best nagging mother voice:

"Girls! Come HERE RIGHT NOW!  Your playroom is a total wreck! Go clean it. And when you are done, go organize the pile of shoes in the laundry room!!!"
I am now guaranteed at least 15 min of them leaving me alone to hide from my chore requests before they catch on to me being on the phone..   The only thing is that my kids are really smart.  So, I am going to have to change my ring tone frequently with different words and tones and intonations.

1 comment:

  1. I think I will set a different chore phrase ring tone for different people to keep them from catching on faster.

    ReplyDelete