Friday, April 15, 2011

I Deserve Mother of the Year Award. So Sayeth the Rainbow!

I Have Had Some Good Ideas Lately RE The Kids.
I Think This One Is The Best One.
The Rainbow Agrees!

As is the usual, the kids got up at an ungodly hour yesterday.  I was exhausted. I have had some late nights and am really starting to get annoyed at these little alarm clocks that go off about 5 AM every day.

I am not a morning person. 

I arranged my college classes to be afternoon or night classes. I was even genius enough to get most of the classes on Tues and Thurs so I could have Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon off in a row! (well, some semesters that worked out....) 

The unfortunate part is that my husband is not a morning person either.

So, back to yesterday. Here come the alarm clocks bouncing around the room. We had managed to put them off until about 6 or so, but that is still way too early for me. And, that was AFTER we put them BACK in bed when they first got up at 5.  

I ignore the kids. Or try to. But, it is close to impossible to ignore the pinching I am getting on my leg from my husband that appears to be blissfully asleep.  Under the covers, he is trying to make my life miserable so I will get out of bed and deal with the kids.

Out of the blue, a stroke of inspiration.... I say "GO TO THE LIVING ROOM! Put your cartoons on and let Mommy sleep. IF you let me sleep in a little today and leave me alone, I will give you SKITTLES for breakfast!!!"

WHOOSH! My room cleared immediately and I got 45 whole min longer to sleep.  (Don't judge, I was desperately tired).

My husband cracked an eye and a smile when I said they could get Skittles.  

But, I have a great idea now.  I think I am going to BAN cartoons and video games on Fridays from now on.. just to get the kids to start jonesing for them.

Then, right before I go to bed Friday nights, I am going to put out some Skittles by the TV.  I figure that by the time Sat morning comes around, the kids will be desperate for Barney.  Then, they can just wake up, go turn on Barney, and sit down with their Skittles while I sleep in a little.  

I am really loving this plan.  Rot my kids brains and their teeth!  

But, a happy well rested Mommy is a big deal too, right?  AND, my kids love salad and love to read... for the record!   Also, before you say just go to bed earlier, I go to bed at a decent time most nights.  I am always tired because these three kids take turns waking up in the middle of the night (an average of 4 times we get woken up by the kids every night) and then wake up super early.

I am sure that Skittles approves my new "how to be a good and well rested Mommy" plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment