Monday, April 18, 2011

My 5 Yr Old is Pretty Sharp

My 5 Yr Old Pays CLOSE Attention to Everything.

I am pretty proud of my 5 yr. old. She is always soaking everything in and paying attention to all the little details.

Yesterday, the Easter Bunny made a surprise visit to our home early in the AM.  We had to rearrange the holidays due to some scheduling issues.

Upon waking to find her Easter basket, my 5 yr old says, "Oh! Is it April 24 already?? Wait. Isn't that Mom's Ebay stuff??!"

Yes, she busted us that it wasn't the real Easter. The bunny must have known we needed it a week early.  And, the Easter bunny must have gotten the basket goodies and toys from the same place that mom had gotten her Easter Ebay Inventory to sell..............

Sigh.


The funny part is that my husband and I have been so busy that we know Easter is this next weekend, but we were not sure the date off the top of our heads! We should have asked the 5 yr old.


Also, I am pretty proud of how she pays attention to my couponing and deal seeking.  Today, she spent that last of a $50 gift certificate to Target that she has had for almost 6 months.  She waited patiently for deals and coupons. What did she get for $50?
A Mario (pink) rolling backpack, a Yoshi coin purse clip on, 4 Super Mario Bro Cartoon DVDS (each bought using coupons!), the Live Action Mario Movie on DVD (with John Leguizamo.. sp?),  AND a Doodle Pro Magnetic Doodler by Fisher Price, and a Pretzel from the cafe to treat herself!

This kid of mine is pretty sharp!  

No comments:

Post a Comment