Friday, March 11, 2011

Where are My Paid Sick Days Off?

The Flu Couldn't Keep Us Down.. or Anything Else..

So, for the past two weeks me and mine have been dealing with the flu. Flu shots be darned. Being a SAHM means you don't get sick days. So, fever of 103 and all, I took care of the kids. (My husband was able to take one day off.. thanks hun!)

The kids were tired but handled being sick ok.  The baby decided not to leave my side and stayed cocooned with me under blankets on the couch. That snuggle time was really nice and recharged her "Cute-ability" for the stuff she has since pulled.

Like the other day.. when she was crying. And holding her hand out to me for a kiss. Bc she had just obviously hurt herself, right? So, out of habit, I kiss her boo boo. But I wasn't kissing an ouchy but an Uh Oh. As in, she had stuck her fingers in the back of her dirty diaper and was ticked to have gotten them dirty. And then she came for a kiss to smooth her feelings. 

Yes. I finally kissed poop. Yes. It was gross. Yes, I did gargle tons.  

Then, there was today. All the kids are outside playing.. getting rid of the locked in stir crazies.  And I hear this sound from my laundry room.  It is a scraping sort of sound.  I couldn't figure out what was going on. So, I stepped out the back door and looked and found... A BROOM STICKING OUT OF MY DRYER VENT!!! OF COURSE! DUH, RIGHT??!!!  The three year old thought that was the place to put Daddy's outside broom. Makes sense. So does the decoration INSIDE my dryer vent of several yellow flowers.  My dryer hasn't been doing a great job lately. I think I just discovered why. 

In other words, we are BACK! Back in full swing and making up for lost time from the illness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment